FemaleEntrepreneur Profile Questions
By female entrepreneurs, for female entrepreneurs
Our readers are female founders. We love to share with them the “real truths” behind other founders’ stories.
Want to share your truth? Send your answers back to us at Editors@FemaleEntrepreneurs.Institute. (Yep, it’s not a dot com or dot org.) Give us 5 days to review—we’ll contact you if we need more information.
General guidelines for profiles:
- You have to have been in business for more than a year.
- You have to have at least 3 team members (contractors do not count but you can count yourself.)
- You have to have at least 10 paying customers OR at least $500,000 in funding.
- You have to be at least 50% owner of the company.
- You have to be a founder (not a president, CEO or senior manager)
- You are not a solo practitioner/consultant (writer, real estate agent, lawyer, PR person, etc.)
- You are not a franchisee.
If you fit the general guidelines, then let’s get started! Here are the questions:
- What did you eat for breakfast?
- What’s your workout?
- What picture is on your phone’s home screen? Share it with us.
- Tell us about your work. What inspired you to start your business? Where did you start and where are you now?
- What do you see for your future?
- How large is your business? How many employees do you have?
- Tell us a success story about funding your business.
- What do you see as challenges for you and your business? What are some opportunities?
- Tell us a story about a success in your business or a mistake you overcame?
- What do you love about being an entrepreneur?
- What about your business matters most deeply to you? How does it engage your values?
- What would you say is your “entrepreneurial superpower?”
- Who is the entrepreneur you admire most right now? Why does s/he inspire you?
- What’s the best and the worst thing about being an entrepreneur, as a woman?
- Do you think male entrepreneurs are “different” from female entrepreneurs, and if so, how? If not, why not?
- What the best advice you ever got, and from whom?
Help us make this look awesome
Which twitter handles should we use as we promote this? We’ll tweet it from @Feminstitute. We’ll also post from our Facebook page.
When you send, send images! At least three, one a good headshot.
- One needs to be a high resolution profile photo, preferably on a solid background.
- The other two are your choice—photos with your family, on stage, in the office—just great candids that capture who you are.
You’ll need to be a member of FemaleEntrepreneurs to be featured on our site. This is no biggie. Just click JOIN in the top right of the site. We’d also really appreciate a “like” on our Facebook page—it will help you see when we post your profile on Facebook, too!