With women-led businesses only making up 30 percent of companies in the world, clearly, we still have a very long way to go!
This has not stopped passionate Fempreneurs from taking the leap, especially in the US. Below are 5 unexpected facts about Women in Business today, inspired by USC Marshall’s infographic below.
- Over the past 15 years, women-owned firms have grown at a rate 1.5 times other small businesses
- Businesses with at least one female executive team member are more likely to receive higher valuations in their first round of fundraising.
- Between 2007 & 2012 during a national economic downturn, women’s overall share of businesses owned remained the same.
- 1 in 5 firms with revenues of 1 million dollars or more is women owned.
- Eventbrite, SunRun, Houzz, and Forever 21 are not only founded or co-founded by women, but all 4 have a valuation of at least 1 billion dollars or more.